You are encouraged to participate in the USTA's Adopt-a-School initiative, which offers materials and equipment assistance to tennis advocates and organizations that commit to taking tennis to local schools and school districts. School program leaders are encouraged to work with USTA Section/District/State staff to help get the schools on board as they may already have established partnerships and programs in place.
To learn more and to get started today register on the USTA The Big Serve as a tennis advocate. Through the USTA’s Adopt-a-School initiative materials and equipment assistance is available.
For registering you will receive:
- Welcome Letter
- USTA School Tennis Information Folder and DVD
- Adopt-a-School Handbook featuring:
- Tips and Techniques for Taking Tennis to Schools
- Creating Interest for Tennis on School Grounds
- Games and Play Formats for School Tennis Programs
- USTA Resources
USTA Organization Members also receive:
- USTA Physical Educators Guide for Teaching Tennis in the Schools ($50.00 value)
- 1 set of laminated Station signs for tennis and fitness activities ($20.00 value)
- Discount pricing for school tennis equipment (Priceless$$$)
USTA Schools Tennis Resources:
Schools can qualify for equipment assistance, teacher training, and easy-to-follow lesson plans through USTA School Tennis. To get started, contact the Community Relations Manager in your area.
The following downloadable resources for adopting a school and setting up after school programming are available for you to get started today: